cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't connect to 3015 concentrator

king06aaa
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange situation. I have two identical 3015 concentrators with vpn connections to both. Over the weekend I had my ISP switch the DNS name from concentrator 1 to concentrator 2. The connection works fine, but I have had some very strange happenings.

First part of my outside users that use the DNS name cannot connect to concentrator 2. Even using the public IP address, they can't connect. If I have them use the public IP address of concentrator 1, they can connect to it. However, other outside users can connect to concentrator 2 by using the DNS name. These are all using the SSL client.

There are also users that use the IPSec client and we have the same strange situation. Some people can connect and some cannot.

I have tried everything I can think of. It seems to be related to the individual pc. I've removed the SSL clients and even cleaned everything out of the registry but it doesn't help.

With the IPSec client, if I remove the client and load the new client on the machine it will work. But it won't work with the SSL.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Check for the ssl clients configuration on the 3015 concentrator.Also ensure the correctness of the ip address and the DNS name.Use the SSL client configuration and troubleshooting guide present in the following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a008055641a.shtml#tshoot