cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't connect to Network after installing VPN Client on NT 4.0

alclotto
Level 1
Level 1

Just tried installing 3 flavors of the Cisco VPN Client and after each individual install I lose connectivity to the network.

Installing on a DELL Inspiron 7000 with a 3COM 10/100 PCMCIA NIC and had the laptop configured to acess the Internet over an ADSL Network.

As soon as I Install the VPN Client ( either 3.5.1, 3.6.1 or 3.6.2A) and reboot I am no longer able to access the Internet. As soon as I do the Uninstall and reboot, I am able to get on the internet again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

charles.manley
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a conflict with the NIC when its installed? Are you getting a link light or an IP address?

Thanks for the reply.

There IS Link on the NIC (Dongle) and I have assigned the Laptop a Static IP for the ADSL Internet Connection. If I do an IPCONFIG I can see the IP and I am able to PING the IP of the NIC but I can't ping anything else (tried the default gateway which is on same subnet and can't get a reply).

If I use the Laptop modem and dialup to the Internet and then use the VPN Client to connect, I can establish a connection to the Net.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: