Views
Helpful
Replies

can't find the software upgrade for pix515

dlabbadia01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my pix software and every link I go to on Cisco's page basically never takes me to the download file. I'm looking for the pix6nn.bin file I believe and it seems to be missing. As well it won't let me ftp into cco.cisco.com. Doesn't even ask for username and password just never finds it.

5 Replies 5

mpalardy
Level 3
Level 3

going to that link gives me:

"This Software Download page is only available to registered Cisco.com users.

Registered users click here to access the page.

Not registered? Please visit here for details and further information on Cisco.com access.

Forgot your password? Send an e-mail to cco-locksmith@cisco.com"

I'm already logged in. Down the left hand column there is a link to "Software Download". Clicking this brings me to: http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/products.shtml. At this link the only thing I find is under Web Software on the left hand side. Then "Cisco Secure Software". And under that there is nothing relating to software upgrade for PIX. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

the pix software is only available for authorized Cisco Partners and for people who have an active software subscription.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Any info on how to get an active software subscription?

Thanks,

Hi,

I guess a Cisco SmartNet contract will grant you download permissions . But please contact your reseller to be sure.

Kind Regards,

Tom