Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can't Install IDS Event Viewer

We cant install ids event viewer 4.0.1 or 4.1.1 .

We try fiffrent machines and operating systems

1-)Win2k advanced server with sp2

2-)Win2k advanced server with sp4

3-)WinXP Proffesional with sp1

IDS Event Viewer works on none of them?

I am really confused are there any secret for this program to work???

• Other Security Subjects
6 REPLIES

Re: Can't Install IDS Event Viewer

I ran into a similar problem when I upgraded from the 3.1 to the 4.1 train. Apparently the IEV for the 4.1 train will only work on Windows 98 or NT4.0. The IEV for the 3.1 train will work on Win2K and Windows XP Professional. I have since down-graded back to the IDS 3.1 train and have the IEW 3.1 working on my Windows XP workstation. No one at Cisco has been able to answer my question as to if and when Cisco will provide an IEV for 4.1 that is compatible with Windows XP Professional.

Up to now we used IDS Eventvier 4.1 with windows 2000 with sp4 but today after installing microsoft patches IDS E.V 4.1 becomes out of service. Then we cant install it to fresh istalled w2ks...

This sounds like a call to TAC. I haven't seen anyone else talking about problems after the patches, but since the patches just came out? I would guess that the IE updates has changed the way java is processed. Uninstall the patches to see if this resolves the problem.

We already try to install the full install packages not updates...

IEV3.1 and 4.0 don't support windows XP platform, but IEV4.1 does support Windows XP Service Pack 1 platform as stated in the folloiwng document:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids10/idmiev/swchap6.htm#603672

Jie

We use IEV 4.1.1 S59 with windows 2000 server SP4.

It works fine.

Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies