Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can't install VPN Client from network drive

I need to install the VPN Client on several hundred workstations. I am testing with version 3.64a using the InstallShield setup. I found the following in the Cisco VPN Client 3.6 Documentation: "Note Cisco does not allow you to install the VPN Client software from a network drive. If you attempt to do so, you receive an error message.". Why would Cisco limit the install in this way? The workaround I have come up with has been a script that copies the files from the server to c:\temp and then runs the install from there. Are there any better workarounds?

Also, this is beside the point, but there is no error message when I attempt to install from a network drive. The GUI of the install appears briefly but then disappears without any warning.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Can't install VPN Client from network drive

I think this is a bug and has a workaround: CSCdz49381. You can see the bug details in the bug toolkit if you have a valid cco login to Cisco's technical support web page, www.cisco.com/tac. Any better ways to do this?

Re: Can't install VPN Client from network drive

You're right! I should have looked there in the first place. It says it is fixed in 3.63a and 4.0. So I guess 3.64 still has the problem.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies