cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't ping PC from PIX 501

corey.mckinney
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PC on the "inside" interface that can ping the PIX. However I cannot ping the PC from the PIX. Any thoughts?

3 Replies 3

estamey
Level 1
Level 1

Can you validate that their isn't a personal firewall or maybe XP's firewall on the PC? It appears from the description that something is blocking the icmp requests from the pix on the PC.

I was thinking the same thing. I looked and I couldn't find anything. I running 2000 on the PC.

Hmm, what about pinging the pix from the PC which will be successful. Then from the command prompt on the PC do an arp -a and validate that the mac address associated with the pix ip address is actually the mac address of the inside interface of the pix. Also, on the PIX issue a "sh arp" and validate that the pix has the PC's correct mac address.

Besides this, you could download ethereal onto the PC and sniff the traffic when initiating pings from the PC and the PIX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card