cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't ping Pix over VPN but can PC's

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

I can ping PC's over our remote VPN (concentrator to a remote Pix) but not the Pix that is over at the remote site. I am trying it's local IP address over the VPN.

However the PC's on the Pix's LAN can.

I can get on the ADSM using the Pix external IP, but I'd rather use the internal IP over the VPn tunnel.

Let me know what info you need.

24 Replies 24

mattiaseriksson
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, you should use the "management-access inside " command.

Hi, how can I do this via the ADSM?

Why is it I can't log into that with my forum username and password? Do I need a high level?

Sorry too about this, but I can't find this managment pane to enable this option on an interface via the ADSM.

Ok, and I really don't know about asdm.

Try to get on the console with ssh and enter the command, that must be a lot easier.

Try this...

Tools -> Command Line Interface -> Select Multiple line -> In the text box type...

config t

management-access inside

and select "Send"

I'll try that this won't change my current access over the Internet?

No. It will only enable management access over the vpn.

No, it should only change access when connected to the ASA via the vpn.

The reason I can't ping it over the VPN but can on-site, could this be a rule issue?

Probably not, it is most likely that you are missing the command posted above. Did you add it?

Read here...

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/command/reference/m_72.html#wp1794331

This is the error I got:

Result of the command: "conf t"

The command has been sent to the device

Result of the command: "management-access inside"

management-access inside

^

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: