cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't update signatures via IDSMC

egermany
Level 1
Level 1

Running IDSM-2 4.1.1S47(S42). IDSMC 1.2. Trying to apply signature S49 with IDSMC. IDSMC reports show update complete but after several hours "sh ver" on IDSM reports signature S42.

Any help is appreciated.

5 Replies 5

egermany
Level 1
Level 1

Slight correction...meant to say IDSM is running sig S47

Hi,

I have found this works correctly with appliance sensors but I too have had the same problem with the IDSM-II.

I found that IDS-MC reports the upgraded version but if you query sensor or connect to the IDSM and do a show ver you still seem to have an old version.

Must be a bug - anyone else ?

I found the easiest way to upgrade was to connect to the IDSM

conf t

upgrade ftp://user@IP_addr_ftpserver//dir/name_of_file

This seems to work.

Hi,

I also found you have to upgrade the maintenance partition and application partition to go from 4.0 to 4.1.1

IDS-MC needs a check to verify a system prior to attempting and upgrade and offering up a meaningful message. (VMS 2.2)

Hi,

I have been doing some testing and have verified that 4.1.1 S49 and 4.1.1 S50 won't update onto the IDSM-2 via ids-mc

The audit report claims this works but if you query sensor or connect to the sensor and sh ver this doesn't seem to work.

using either the IDM under administration - updates or the command line using the upgrade command in conf t, updates do work.

dblairii
Level 1
Level 1

I do not know if you are experiencing the same situation as I had, but....

I too am running IDSMC 1.2. Among my various cisco sensors, I also have some 4210's. I am unable to upgrade the 4210's from 4.0(2)S42 to the 4.1X SP. TAC has told me that the 256MB that the 4210's shipped with is insufficient to apply the service pack. The upgrade tool has a free 256MB upgrade for all 4210's under SMARTnet coverage.

Like I said, appliances and modules are apples and oranges, but if this info doesn't help you it may help someone else.

Don