Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

cannot access ACS through VPN

Hello,

I have ACS 2.6.I cannot access the server through VPN tunnel.ie I can ping the server.I cannot see the server in the network neighborhood.I cannot access the shared directories also.

Can any one please advice on this .

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: cannot access ACS through VPN

Hi,

Try lowering the MTU on the machine using the Set MTU utility if you cannot see it by doing a FIND Computer, use both IP Address & Name to do that.

Hope this helps,

Aamir Waheed,

Cisco Systems, Inc.

-=-=-

Bronze

Hello ,

Thanks for the information .But I did not understand where to reduce the MTU.If you can be more specific it will be really helpful.

thanks

Bronze

Hi,

To change the MTU size on the respective adapter (dial-up or NIC), you can use the utility that comes with the VPN3000 client sw, called setMTU.exe, and lower down the MTU size to say e.g., 1200 bytes on the client machine. Its very necessary to lower the MTU on the right adpater being used, dial-up or Ethernet card.

If you're having difficulty in using that utility, you can also use dr.TCP (freeware) tool to tweak MTU setting, point to:

http://www.dslreports.com/front/drtcp.html

After doing that, if you still have issues accessing the share point existing on ACS server, and if the share is part of NT Domain (if any) group memberships, then you will need to logon to the domain remotely first, you can use "Windows Logon properties" (Win2K/WinXP) option under Properties menu on the vpn client to logon to the domain, for Win9x machines you can simply use "Client for MS Networks" to do the same thing.

Regards,

Afaq

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content