cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access external network w/o static NAT - help!

CSCO10662744_2
Level 1
Level 1

I was working on our Pix firewall and noticed an entry that maps a server's internal IP to an external public IP through static NAT.

I then deleted that entry because the server is one of our Windows DC's and I don't see why it has to be made available outside of our internal network.

After I removed that line, the server cannot access anything but our internal network. So I put that line back and the connection is back.

Why would static NAT affect whether or not that server can access external networks??

3 Replies 3

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

except the static nat, just wondering if general nat/global is configured, such as:

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

if not, please apply these commands. if these already exist, then give the deletion another go. issue "clear xlate local " after the deletion of the static nat statement.

General NAT is configured - we have regular NAT for our internal network, and some other static NAT entries.

It was acting weird probably cause I didn't issue the "clear xlate" command to clean up the NAT session after the removal of that particular static NAT entry.

Thanks for pointing it out.

welcome. let us know how you go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: