Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cannot access external network w/o static NAT - help!

I was working on our Pix firewall and noticed an entry that maps a server's internal IP to an external public IP through static NAT.

I then deleted that entry because the server is one of our Windows DC's and I don't see why it has to be made available outside of our internal network.

After I removed that line, the server cannot access anything but our internal network. So I put that line back and the connection is back.

Why would static NAT affect whether or not that server can access external networks??

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Cannot access external network w/o static NAT - help!

except the static nat, just wondering if general nat/global is configured, such as:

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

if not, please apply these commands. if these already exist, then give the deletion another go. issue "clear xlate local " after the deletion of the static nat statement.

Community Member

General NAT is configured - we have regular NAT for our internal network, and some other static NAT entries.

It was acting weird probably cause I didn't issue the "clear xlate" command to clean up the NAT session after the removal of that particular static NAT entry.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Gold

welcome. let us know how you go.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content