cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access PDM

jscagli0ne
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running a PIX 520 version 6.3(3) with PDM version 3.0(2). I have enabled HTTP server in the PIX and allowed my IP to access it. When I type in the address via https in my browser (IE 6.0), I get the login prompt for the pix. I enter my usual password and enabled password at the login prompt, but it will not accept my passwords. I get the prompt 3 times and then get a browser error that reads "Authorization Required - Browser not authentication capable or authorization failed." I've tried numerous times and checked all my browser and SSL settings. Everything appears to be ok. Any ideas??

7 Replies 7

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

What's your 'aaa authentication' or 'aaa authorization' config looks like?

Rgds,

AK

I don't have anny aaa authentication or authorization lines in my current config.

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ... try leaving the username blank and type in your enable password only. No username is the default.

I hope it helps ... please rate if it does !!!

That did it! However, now I am getting another error. It gets to the "Loading PIX Device Manager. Please wait..." screen, but it seems to have stalled. I noticed at the bottom of my browser shows an exception error : Exception:java.security.Access.Control.Exception:access denied.

After the intial prompt for username and password, it started to load the PDM and then again asked for username and password. I left the username blank and entered the enable pwd just like in the first prompt. Could this be the issue?

I had a similar issue/error message. I contacted Cisco and they said it was a known issue and had me upgrade the PDM to v3.0.4.

Can the PDM be upgraded without any downtime on the firewall (i.e., reboot, etc)?

The Cisco rep told me that the f/w would be down momentarily while the PDM was updated. However, my updated w/o any disruption in service. I should put out, though, that I am using a 515.