Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot Communicate with Nieghbour PC after VPN Connection

I am running VPN Client on Linux ES4, I have noticed that whenever I connect to the PIX515 (v7.1) (vpn terminator) all routes going to the PIX, i.e., I am not able to ping or ssh to another PC that is connected by a cross cable on the 2nd NIC that is not used for VPN connection.

Is there a way to allow the PC running VPN client to communicate to its neighbour without going to the PIX where the traffic dropped or denied I believe?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Cannot Communicate with Nieghbour PC after VPN Connection

Make sure that on the "Transport" Tab, his clients have "Enable Transparent Tunneling" and IPSec over UDP (NAT/PAT) checked.

IPSec) traffic to travel through Network Address Translation (NAT) or Point AddressTranslation (PAT) points in the network by addressing many known incompatibilities between NAT and IPSec. NAT Traversal is a feature that is auto detected by VPN devices.

Basically enables the VPN client and the VPN device to automatically detect when to use IPSec over UDP to work properly in port address translation (PAT) environments.

Views
Helpful
Replies