cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cannot Connect to Sensor using EV3.1

I get this message.

Fail to get sensor version. Connection has not been established yet.

128.100.6.22 45000 1 [SynSent] sto:5000 syn NOT rcvd!

The Policy Manager can talk to it and has been for some time, however I would like to have another view using EV.

The set up proceedure just talks about setting up the EV device properties to match the sensor - is there any extra config I need on the sensor for this to work.

How about my local host properties - do ther need to match the org name and so on.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Cannot Connect to Sensor using EV3.1

The error message seems indicate that the local host properties or remote device properties are not set correctly. Both local host and remote device's org name, org id, host name, host id in event viewer should match what you have set in the sensor.

Jie

Cisco Employee

Its either CSPM host that the sensor's postoffice can talk to or the IEV's. To get the sensor to report a Established status with the IEV, please change the sysconfig-sensor option 6 parameters for the Director details to those of the IEV.

Hope that resolves the issue.

thanks,

yatin

Community Member

Does that mean I cannot use CSPM and IEV at the same time? I would like to have alarms sent to two locations.

Cisco Employee

You can continue using the CSPM as the primary mgmt platform and then add the IEV host as additional destinations.

In CSPM, select the sensor--> Advance--> Additional destinations--> add the details of IEV host.

What I inferred earlier was that the management of the sensor should be ONLY from one of these platforms.

Thanks,

yatin

Community Member

Thank You - that is what I was looking for...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content