cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Establish B2B link

dcwalker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPN3005 connecting to a FW-1 firewall (another company). I have configured the tunnel and routes in our network and can bring the tunnel up and ping the other end.

At the other end they try to ping me but the tunnel will not come up. They get and "Invalid Cookies" error. If the tunnel is up they try to http or ftp to me without success. I have an analyser on the outside network (internet side) and see no traffic (it would be encrypted but I would see some packets).

I suspect they have a problem with routes or filters but they say not. Are there any other causes or how can I proceed?

2 Replies 2

pacarco
Level 1
Level 1

I am assuming that the "invalid cookies" error is a browser generated error when they HTTP or FTP but not sure why they see that. I would like to know if they tried to ftp other than in the browser url line (dos prompt, third party app etcc..) - what happens?

I agree with you, from your description that this is a routing and/or filter configuration error! I am not a FW-1 expert but if we could see the rule sets we might be able to interpret them.

Regards,

Paul

Technical Marketing Engineer

VPN & Security

Cisco Systems

pcarco@cisco.com

dcwalker
Level 1
Level 1

The problem has been solved - the PC at the remote end had a new Winsock client that was not working correctly. They changed to another PC and everything worked!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: