cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot install SDM2.2 on VMS 2.3 server

mcordiez
Level 1
Level 1

Has any one ever recieved a "Cisco SDM is not supported on this OS. Setup will close now." message when trying to install SDM2.2 or 2.2a on a Win200Sp4 box running VMS2.3? The server install is brand-new and is patched-up to today and this was working on the previous installation that I wiped-out a few days ago.

3 Replies 3

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Refer to the following page for a correct installation of SDM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/prod_installation_guide09186a00803e4727.html

If the problem persists, just send me a detailed description of your network setup. With that, I will try to sort out your problem.

The problem isn't on the router, that is running fine.

The problem is installing the SDM application on the server. It is a Xeon 3.2Ghz w/2GB of RAM running Windows 2000 Server SP4 with all the updates up to 5 January 2006. IE 6 sp1 & Java 1.4.2_08 are installed. VMS 3.2 and CNA are installed and work fine. The only other app installed is Veritas NetBackup.

When I try to install SDM it gets 95% of the way through the first screen "Preparing setup" where the installshield wizard is being prep'd and a dialog pops up saying "Cisco SDM is not supported on this OS. Setup will now close"

I had SDM working on this machine before. I blew it away and re-installed Windows, patches & VMS for the production build.

Is there a way to disable OS version checking on the setup program of SDM? Has does the setup program because something it looks at (version?) has changed because of some patch or update? Any ideas?

I'm rebuilding another W2K server for VMS tonight. I'll load it exactly the same way (minus Veritas) and see if I run into the same issue.

MC

Update:

I've built another VMS server, did not install all the updates after SP4 and have run into the same problem.

The VMS that I am using is 2.3 NFR. In the previous install that did work I used VMS 2.2 Basic and then ran all the updates to get it to 2.3 standards. I'll have to try going to 2.2 to 2.3 route again when I have time to see if that makes a difference.