cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot map a network drive thru VPN client 3.5

sjc
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to make a ip connection from a remote machine to my 3005 concentrator via dial up connection. Once I make that connection, I can ping any host on the inside and vice versa. But that is about it, nothing else work. I am not able to ping by netbios name or logon to my domain controller. I have read all messages in the forum that could help me and have follow all suggestion, but nothing helps. Anything internally work great. Do I need to open any port on my gateway router for WINS to pass thru to the remote machine. I can ping my WINS server by ip address. From the WINS database, it does not see the remote machine. My client machine is Windows 2000. My WINS, DNS, DHCP server is on NT 4.0 SP6. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

eknogbe
Level 1
Level 1

Try this first:

from the client after you establish the VPN connection, Go to Start ->Run Type in ' \\ip_address_of_your_NT_Server' if it log you in let me know and I do the following step

Hi,

Thanks for reply to my posting. It won't let me log in. I received an error. It said the network path was not found. Wonder why???

Thanks,

khramov
Level 1
Level 1

I would also suggest to do some research on PPoE. It is a protocol that some ISPs use. We had a similar problems with our DSL clients. We resolved the problem by replacing DSL modems with DSL routers. I know it is not much information but I hope it helps.