Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot open CiscoWorks webpage

piltze
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

Working at a customer site who is using VMS 2.2/CSA 4.0. For several months now, they have been unable to open their CiscoWorks website. Ive noticed that when you go to launch it, it fails while trying to redirect to the secure site. Also, the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service, which is supposed to start automatically, will not start even if forced to manually.

I've tried installing the Common Files SP3, hoping it may fix the issue, but still no luck. The customer did mention that this began after running Windows update.

Anyone ever see this? Solutions? Thoughts?

At the moment, upgrading 2.2 to 2.3 is not a possibility.

2 Replies 2

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Go through the Windows event log and determine when:

A) Daemon Manager stopped working, there should be events.

B) The correspnding Windows Update was installed.

Try removing the update and restarting the daemon manager. Also verify that all other required Cisco services are starting\running as there are dependencies.

I remember this happening several times and I forgot what fixed but it wasn't removing a Windows patch (I think it was patching the VMS but don't quote me).

Tom S

Thanks. I may have to start randomly removing Windows updates. The server apparently hasnt been running for 8 months (!!!!!!), so the event logs have since scrolled.