Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

cannot reinstall vpn client

I had to uninstall my vpn client (version 4.7.00.0533) and reinstall it after i ran into some issues. I have uninstalled it using the windows uninstall feature (xp pro sp2). after i rebooted my system, i tried to reinstall it and it tells me when the install app comes up that "A previous version of the VPN Client was recently uninstalled, but the computer was rebooted. You must reboot your computer before installing the new VPN Client" The problem is that I HAVE reboot my system, removed all entries in the registry and it still gives me this error. I went in and tried to uninstall it manually to see if there was anything left. I used the following tutorial:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_tech_note09186a0080094b7f.shtml

The only problem I had in following that tutorial was when I tried to delete the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Deterministic Networks

It would not let me delete that particular key. But the tutorial stated that some systems wont allow that key to be deleted.

So basically I need to find out what is causing the installer to think that the system has not been rebooted after the uninstall when it obviously has, so i can install the VPN Client again and get back running.

Thanks,

Adam

1 REPLY

Re: cannot reinstall vpn client

I have figured it out, but here's the solution in case anyone was wondering.

I deleted the CISCOBOOTLOCK entry from the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS> CURRENT VERSION> RUNONCE

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content