cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot upgrade ASA5505 OS from ASDM 5.2(4), but can from CLI

Phil Williamson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a base ASA5505 v7.2(4) and 5.2(4). When I follow any ASDM file/OS upgrade procedure it just hangs and nothing is transferred. I can upgrade from the CLI - copy tftp flash - with no problem. What am I missing here?

I'm writing docs for my company so I need specific screenshots etc for the tech-tip.

Thx,

Phil

3 Replies 3

srue
Level 7
Level 7

check your file/directory permissions where the ASA image resides. that's where I would start. I usually have this sort of problem if the file is on my desktop instead of some dedicated tftp folder with proper permissions set.

Steven,

Thanks for your reply. It's not that, but it is the JAVA version - arrrggghhh!!

I uninstalled all java and reinstalled old version JRE Standard Edition 1.4.2_18 and all works fine.

Now to see what version break ASDM 5.2(4) - is this in a release note somewhere?

Phil

All:

I should have noted the java version before I uninstalled intially. I've installed and limited java to 1.6.0_13, 1.6.0_10, 1.5.0_10 and 1.4.2._18 and they all work fine. I've checked the buglist too, but find nothing there.

close case

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card