Level 1

Pix-Admin1(config)# tftp-server inside 204.142.253.65 root

Pix-Admin1(config)# write net vik:622

Building configuration...

TFTP write 'root/622' at vik on interface 1

TFTP Error: File Open Error 3

[FAILED]

Pix-Admin1(config)#

I am able to back up my configuration from RAS 3640. I am using solarwind tftp server with a folder called root in the c drive. 'vik' is the name of the tftp server.

5 Replies 5

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Just go into enable mode and NOT in config mode. Then execute the "write net vik:622" again, then it will work. Being in config mode is having configuration file open, as the output tells you ;-)

Kind regards,

Leo

Still cant!!

Pix-Admin1# write net vik:622

Building configuration...

TFTP write 'root/622' at vik on interface 1

TFTP Error: File Open Error 3

[FAILED]

Pix-Admin1#

What TFTP server are you running? If this is a unix based TFTP server then might you have to check if the tftfd deamon has the right access privileges to write a new filename. access privileges could be an issue on other tftp servers as well. The command you use is correct, so, I don't think it has anything to do with your PIX.

Hope this helps,

Leo

Leo,

I am using SolarWinds TFTP verison 6.0 for windows. I am able to tftp files from my RAS which is a cisco 3640 router. But I cant back up my PIX.

Thanks!

Vikrant

Hi Vikrant,

The problem with some Unix-based TFTP-servers and PIX is that when the PIX sends a file to the root directory of the TFTP deamon, that the Unix-system thinks the PIX tries to send it to the root directory. And this is not allowed (if it would be allowed, you would have a very widly opened Unix-system)

What you could try is to give the complete path to the directory within the copy tfpt command, and see if this works.

Kind regards,

Leo