Views
Helpful
Replies

CBAC and CEF for VoIP

fsoffia
Level 1
Level 1

hallo

I have a cisco 1721 router to make LAN-to-LAN and Internet access.

The WAN link is FR with two PVC one for LAN-to-LAN and one for Internet.

On LAN-to-LAN PVC we need to implement VoIP so I would use LLQ, other QoS features and CEF (Cisco Express Forwarding).

On Internet PVC we would have IOS Firewall with CBAC.

Can we use CBAC and CEF at same time ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

Not only should you use CEF, but you must. LLQ as implemented with CBWFQ requires that the router have CEF enalbed. CEF will not affect the funtionality of CBAC. CEF is merely a switching-method analagous to fast-switching, except that is has the information pre-stored in a table for quick access. It is the most efficient switching method your router can use.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure, shouldn't be an issue. Are you seeing problems with it?

My question was to clear some doubts.

Thankyou for help me

best regards

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

Not only should you use CEF, but you must. LLQ as implemented with CBWFQ requires that the router have CEF enalbed. CEF will not affect the funtionality of CBAC. CEF is merely a switching-method analagous to fast-switching, except that is has the information pre-stored in a table for quick access. It is the most efficient switching method your router can use.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: