cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA 4.0.0 Switch Trap Problem

JOSH GANT
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded my CCA OOB deployment to 4.0.0 and now the linkup/linkdown/MAC address traps are not being received properly. I have connectivity between the switches and the CAM and I sniffed the traps from the switches and they contain all the correct info. In the event log I get the following:

"Unable to process out-of-band login request from 00:00:00:00:00:00 -- 192.168.100.115 username. MAC address of 192.168.100.115 not found"

I know that the trap with the correct MAC is reaching the CAM. Anyone run into this?

(This worked when I was running 3.6...)

3 Replies 3

JOSH GANT
Level 1
Level 1

This appears to not be an SNMP trap problem. I can go into Switch Managment -> Devices -> Discovered Clients and see the machine come on line. It seems that the CAS is not arping properly on the untrusted interface/VLAN.

Hi josh,

Have you resolved your problem. We too have the same problem here. We have to delete the switch and then re-add it back, Problem resolved.

How to do you managed to solve your?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Folks,

Most likely you dont have Managed subnets configured. Please can you check this? If you dont have managed subnet configured, it can cause this issue. With 3.6.3 and 4.0.0, it is mandatory to configure managed subnets.

Thanks

-Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: