cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA and Transparent Windows Authentication

PeterLutus
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running the CCA in out-of-band mode and attempting to have my locked down company client PC authenticate via ntlm and have the CAM move me to an employee vlan. The authentication seems to be working but the CAM doesn't rewrite the vlan on my switch. The switch config isn't the issue because it works for my non-company PC.

We're trying to use this architecture to provide a contractor friendly jack in our conference rooms. A non-company PC will be placed on the Internet vlan and the company PC moved to a local internal vlan.

2 Replies 2

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Peter,

what do you use to assign the VLANs, VMPS or ACS ? Can you post the relevant part of the switch config anyway ? Is there a difference in OS or software/security/firewalls settings) between both PC´s you are trying ?

Regards,

GNT

grant.maynard
Level 4
Level 4

Does this work with a local user?

You can set the VLAN from the Port Profile or User Role depending on whether the Port Profile is set to "Default Access VLAN" or "User Role VLAN". Unfortunately it can't do both - it cannot use a User Role VLAN if one is specified, or the default Port Profile VLAN if one is not specified in the User Role.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: