Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCA AND Windows Updates

Anyone been successful at running windows updates in a quarentine role on CCA, without opening up access to all IP addresses on 80 and 443?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CCA AND Windows Updates

Another important feature is programmable Clear Channel Assessment (CCA). A CCA threshold can decrease the receiver sensitivity by changing the absolute receive power level above which the channel is normally considered busy. The threshold is set to -62 dBm by default; however, you can increase the CCA threshold to reduce noise in environments. CCA values can be set independently for root and non-root bridges. You can perform a clear channel assessment at the deployment site by sweeping the UNII-3 band using a spectrum analyzer. Always attempt to choose the channel with the least interference for the bridge link.

You can also adjust the Fragmentation Threshold value in the bridge. This value determines the size at which packets are fragmented (sent as several pieces instead of as one block). Use a lower setting in areas where communication is poor or radio interference exists. Also, you can run the link test at every frequency and watch for signal quality, signal level, and the number of retries. Choose the best channel with good signal quality and minimum number of retries. Notice the relationship between signal level and quality. For example, a high signal level might have poor signal quality indicating potential interference

Bronze

Re: CCA AND Windows Updates

Hello Michael,

I know this is an extremely delayed response :)

but I was browsing netpro and came across your query.

Are you still having any problems?

To get windows update running in the CCA quarantine role, you can use host based policies. Please let me know if you're still having problems and I can assist with configuring this.

Thanks

-Alok

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content