Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCIE Security

Hello,

I am preparing for the CCIE Security exam and have a few questions.

1. Is the CCIE Written exam going to be more focussed on the ASDM view of configuring the firewalls much like the CCSP exams? If so then I can work on getting more hands on with the ASDM rather than CLI for the written exam.

2. I dont have any equipment to practice for the LAB exam so I am going to depend on the INE rack rentals for both workbook I and II. So roughly I would be needing around 50 sessions for workbook I and probably another 50 sessions for workbook II. It is going to be expensive but the questions is would it be worthed the investment to pass the lab exam?

3. Is the new 3.0 version Lab exam focussed only on the CLI configuration or we have the option of the ASDM as well?

Appreciate your views

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: CCIE Security

Hi,

By definition if you have passed the CCIE then you are an expert. This means that you know the CLI inside out and can tackle most configuration tasks.

In terms of ADSM you need to be mindful of the exam NDA. However see below a recent discussion on the topic from a different Cisco forum.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/40184

You are the only person who can answer the question whether the investment is worth it or not. From a purely mercenary point of view you could compare your current salary with the salaries being paid to CCIE's from one of the major job web sites for the answer. Then factor in how many hours you plan to study and how much you think your time is worth per hour.

The cost of rack rental can be managed by watching out for specials that ocurr from time to time.

You also need to weigh up the sense of personal satisfaction that will be gained from achieving this certificate. It will open up new job opportunities. It will also give you the confidence to tackle major security network projects. These benefits also need to be factored into your calculations. They are harder to measure however in terms of a simple Return on Investment calculation.

Don't forget to rate all posts that are helpful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content