Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCP configuration

Hopefully im in the right forum, apologies if not.

Simple question really - studying for CCNA security, CCP seems integral to it, but im confused as to which router models can actually use CCP for configuration. I noticed a post by Wendell Odom suggesting the 1740s are a good model for CCNA security, yet when i check the Cisco website for models that use CCP it doesnt even list this one, it does however list a number of the 800 series models so i would have assumed CCP would work on models that followed this series. If someone could clarify this for me i'd be very grateful because i don't want to spend hundred(s) on a router only to find CCP isnt used for configuration. Is it safe to say that after model X anything that follows will use CCP or is it a more specific list or routers?

PS if you actually have personal experience with this course and a specific router you could recommend then all the better.

Thanks in advance for your time!

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

CCP configuration

The definitive listing is on the CCP release notes here

I got my CCNA security earlier this year but had the advantage of experience on lab and customer routers via my job to make a home lab unnecessary. I wouldn't say any specific router is better than another hardware-wise. I would recommend you want to study with one that supports not only CCP but also the relevant router features covered in the syllabus (i.e. Zone-Based Firewall).

Views
Helpful
Replies