Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Certificate Enrollment on a Cisco VPN Client via SCEP

I am using a VPN Client to perform authentication via Digital Certificates on a Windows 2000 Certification Authority. VPN Client Version is 3.6.3 on a Windows 2000 Platform

In order to enroll the certificates I use SCEP (I installed the Microsoft SCEP Add-on on the CA), but unfortunately I noticed that the behaviour is very strange and unpredictable. Sometimes the certificates are releaesed correctly. Other times the request hangs during the submission phase. It seems that after a couple of successful requests is not possyble anymore to release other certificates.

Has someone of you encountered such a similar situation ?. Has someone of you already integrated a VPN Client with a Windows 2K CA. I have also heard that the Microsoft SCEP implementation does not work very well

Thanks to all of you which could give precious informations.

Regards

Paolo

3 REPLIES

Re: Certificate Enrollment on a Cisco VPN Client via SCEP

Hi Paolo

Check in the Microsoft Knowledge base...there is a patch to correct this issue. Just do a search on Cisco and Windows 2000.

Regards,

Marc

Yeah there is a patch, but good luck finding it...I have searched everywhere, but Microsoft doesn't have it available anymore for download. Looks like you have to call their product $upport team...If anyone else knows different or would like to provide us with the updated mscep.dll file it would greatly help us...

Don

I had a follow-up from Microsoft that said this patch is included in the latest service-pack. I didn't see it listed, but their support said it there.

Don

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content