Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Change DNS name for CSA Management Center

Hello,

I have a CSA Management Console deployed with a number of clients connecting to it. Is there any way of changing the DNS name of the management console for existing and/or new agent kits. The reason for this is that I want to install CSA agents in a location which uses a different DNS server, and cannot add the existing DNS name into this server.

I am aware that I can use the HOSTS file, however, I would like to be able to change it at the source if possible.

Many thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES

Re: Change DNS name for CSA Management Center

Hi Matt!

The CSA Agents are equiped with an SSL Certificate, which has the DNS Name of the MC inside.

So, changing the DNS Name breaks the Communication between the Agents and the MC.

Is there no way to establish a forwarder of the second DNS Server?

regards,

Tobias

Unfortunately not - it looks as though I will need to change the certificate.

I realise that this will cause some problems, but can you advise me the best way to do this.

Many thanks,

Matt

Hi matt!

For the Agent Kits, once you changed the DNS NAME of the Server , just create new Agent Kits. This will have the new DNS Name in the Kits.

For already deployed Agents:

Either reinstall the new kits with the new Name or edit the

agent.bundle

File in the Files of the Agent. There is the Name of the Station to connect to.

Of Course you also have to manually copy the ssl.cert file, which encorporates the certificate.

regards,

Tobias

Thanks for this Tobias - I'll give it a go and let you know if I have any problems.

Cheers, Matt

Views
Helpful
Replies