Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Change Password

Hi !

I used ACS 3.0(NT) , I would to know , When i creat username and password in ACS Server , does the user can change his password late?

Cisco Employee

Re: Change Password

I assume you want users to change the passwords once its expired, YES you can configure like that..Here it is

Community Member

I want users to change the password once it expired to0. We use ACS 3.0 NT with user validation on the NT server database.

But the password change does not work. The user get access denied and after a few atemps the useraccount is disabled. The document in the url which Emily sent says that : Cisco Secure ACS password aging is not affiliated with Windows NT/2000 password aging.

Does this mean that users cannot change their password on it expired when using NT/Windows? Does anyone know a solution for this to get it work?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Harry Gorter

Community Member

We have come across this problem as well. When using a VPN client (authenticating via ACS to NT/2000), and if users were prompted to change their expired passwords, they would not be able to WinNT/2K would reject change. Apparently the password is being sent in an encrypted format that Win2K can't understand.

We fixed this with a registry change:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

CreatePlease to create content