Replies

Cisco 1710 vpn with mobile user

mdeziel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've got a question, My setup is :

Internet -- > Cisco 1710 <--- Lan

I'm using the 1710 for nat. It's connected on internet via pppoe with dynamic ip.

I want to use the cisco 1710 to become a vpn server for mobile user, Does this configuration is possible and where I can find sample?

thanks

MaX :)

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

This is not possible. IPsec over PPPoE with NAT running is not a problem. The problem that I see lies with establishing an IPSec tunnel between two points which are assigned addresses dynamically. Neither will know the address of the other end and tunnel establishment will never happen. If you manage to get your 1710 statically addressed, you could configure it as shown in the document at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009475c.shtml.

The document also contains a link that describes how to handle 'Dynamic-to-Static IPSec with NAT' setups.

Hi,

Thanks for you're answer. I've devide that The cisco 1710 will have a fixe ip address. Can I use cisco vpn client or windows xp client to connect to the cisco 1710 and have access to my lan? If yes do I need special configuration if I set pre-share key for vpn or where can I find a configuration sample for remote client (laptop direct to the internet via modem)?

thanks

Max:)