Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3005 losing connectivity when LAN2LAN tunnel has been up for a while

I have a Cisco 3005 concentrator running software version 3.6.7 (cannot be upgraded for several reasons).

The private interface has an IP address of 10.101.0.242/20.

I have a lot of VPN clients and 6 3002 hardware clients, that connects and it's working fine.

I have to do business with another company and therefore creating a lan2lan tunnel to a 3005 in the other end. The private interface has IP address 10.3.1.1/24

The tunnel is working fine and I can ping and reach the servers on the other side. Suddenly after 2-4 hours of operation, my VPN clients cannot reach my own network. The only thing they can see is the 10.3.1.0 network on the other side.

What is wrong? Why is all traffic suddenly routet to the remote network?

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco 3005 losing connectivity when LAN2LAN tunnel has been

Is it possible that the connection to the remote VPN clients is timing out due to inactivity. You can configure DPD on the client. It is my understanding that VPN SW client will continue to send DPD packets whether there is traffic or not. You should then see the client up even after an extended period of time.

Views
Helpful
Replies