Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3030 / Nortel Contivity LAN-LAN

I am trying to set up a LAN-LAN connection between a 3030 and a Nortel Contivity. We are trying to match IPSEC Authentication parameters. The 3030's only choices are ESP/MD5/HMAC-128 and ESP/SHA/HMAC-160. The Nortel box only has ESP/MD5 and ESP/SHA. I can't find any place to add or change the IPSEC Authentication choices. Are these the only options?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Cisco 3030 / Nortel Contivity LAN-LAN

IPSec implementation on Cisco boxes is fully standards compliant. The same should be the case on the Contivity. I guess choosing ESP/MD5/HMAC-128 on the concentrator and ESP/MD5 on contivity ( or ESP/SHA/HMAC-160 on the concentrator and ESP/SHA on contivity) should work. There are a few resources that will help you with your configuration. The VPN 3000 concentrator support page has a few example which deal with setting up LAN-to-LAN tunnels with third party vendors. The support page is accessible at http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Hardware:Cisco_VPN_3000_Concentrator&viewall=true.

Views
Helpful
Replies