cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5000 VPN Client and NAT

siljugpillai
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to establish VPN connectivity using VPN 5000 client from my office and cisco 2600 router at my central site. But I am not abe to connect when I use NAT on my perimeter router.I also tried giving NAT transparency on the client.

Without NAT, after giving public address to my PC it works fine. It also works fine with other Cisco VPN client(even with NAT) . Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

thanks for any help

3 Replies 3

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Hi there,

Are you terminating the tunnel from the 5K client to an IOS router? if this is the case, then it is not supported at all

If this is not the case, then please describe your scenario in more detail

Jazib

Hi Jazib,

Thanks for your reply...

I have configured dynamic map on Cisco2600 at the central site. I have a 1720 router at my remote site and connected to the central site through internet. I am trying to access the private network at the central site from the VPN client at the remote site. As there are more users we cannot provide public address to everyone. So I have configured PAT on the 1720 router. All the users has VPN 5000 client.

pvt net------cisco2600-------internet---------1720-------vpn 5000 client

It is not working when I configure PAT on the router. But it is working when I test with VPN Client 3.6. I tried enabling NAT transparency on the 5000 client. But no success. But when I give a public address to the PC then I am able to connect with 5000 Client . So I think PAT is causing the problem.

thanks and regards

Silju

Hi Silju,

Where are you exactly terminating your ipsec connection using the VPN5000 client.

You cannot terminate a VPN5000 client on a router and can terminate only to a VPN5000 Concentrator.

If you are using VPN Client 3.6 , then you can terminate your ipsec connection on router, pix or VPN3000 if you have the appropriate software on them.

And I also see that you did mention that you are able to connect if you use a public ip address. In that case, is the VPN5000 behind the

Cisco 2600.

Regards,

Arul