Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 806 VPN Probs w/Firewall IOS

stefanbuchman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm new to Cisco so a little help would be great.

I just purchased an Cisco 806 Broadband Router. I've added the Firewall/3Des IOS to this router.

Before the upgrade I was able to use the Cisco VPN client from a Windows PC to connect to my office.

After the IOS upgrade I can connect but can no longer receive packets after connecting.

If I go back to the IP IOS it all works fine... so I'm thinking it must be a rule or something...

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

Stefan

4 Replies 4

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you use the same versions of the IOS for the IOS F/W and IP IOS only? Also, any difference on the config when you put on the IOS F/W?

The FW IOS is a little newer 12.2(8).T. No config changes at all.

As soon as the FW IOS is loaded I can connect to my VPN... send packets, but I don't get anything back.

Stefan

Hello, I also have a 806 router but I am not able to connect to home office workstation. Can you please send me a copy of your config. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Howdy -

I am having the same problem with my 806 to PIX VPN. The tunnel comes up, but no traffic flows. I have done several 1710 and 1720 to PIX VPNs, but I can't get the 806 to come up...

Did you get an answer to your question?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: