Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ACS

Hi there,

I got a Cisco ACS ver 3.1 joined in a corporate AD as a centralized Authentication server. I got a CheckPoint firewall and a Cisco 2611 router as AAA Client. The Cisco 2611 is configured as RAS. In dialup case, user authentication idea first contact the RAS 2611, which in turn contact the ACS server, and finally contact the AD password. The CheckPoint is configured as VPN gateway, In VPN case, user authentication idea first query the CheckPoing Firewall, which in turn contact the ACS server , then finally contact an ACE server for token authentication. In the ACS setting, I havn't defined any username which occur in AD or ACE server, all the authentication job is done via "Unkown User Policy" which point to both the ACS and Win 2000 AD. However, the user would like to limit that only those users come from Cisco 2611 can be authenticated by Winw2000 AD. Those users come from CheckPoint gateway can only be authenticated by Token. My question is that how can I differentiate these two types of users w/o defining their username in ACS database? The reason why is that the user would like to minimize the adminitration work for synchronizing database.

thanks a lot

David

Views
Helpful
Replies