cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA is receiving 'overruns'

w-schultz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there, we just swapped out our Pix 525's for some nice, new, shiny ASA 5550's. I must say that I like the ASA's much more :-)

One problem that I see is that we've started to receive overruns on the fiber interfaces. In my past experiences these are usually caused by buggy drivers or a GBIC. With the Pix 525's we would receive discards from time to time but I've come to live with the fact that those are just 'normal' for a Pix. These overruns are concerning to be however.

We are using two copper interfaces and two fiber interfaces, the copper interfaces are working just fine but both fiber interfaces are giving these overruns. These fiber interfaces connect to the same switch (6513) that the Pix 525's connected to which did not ever show signs of overrun.

This leads me to believe that we either see a bug or something might be wrong with my ASA's.

Running 7.2.4, CPU usage isn't rising above 12% and bandwidth on each interface is approximately 100Mb/s. I'm curious if what I am seeing is related to bug id 'CSCso03582', we aren't using SIP and this bug is SIP related.

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

w-schultz
Level 1
Level 1

Here is some more information that may be useful.

speed nonegotiate, problem solved.

I have the same issue. I used the speed nonegotioate on both the firewall and the switches they are connected too but still see the same issue?

What is your speed/duplex settings on both sides?

Regards

Farrukh

1000/full on both sides

I am working on an ASA box, and "nonegotiate" is not one of the options which the parser supports. I have speed [10, 100, 1000, auto] only. Any help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card