Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ASA5505 Logging

This is likely a very basic question....

I've got a new Cisco ASA5505 and I'm trying to see some logs at console level. Currently when I do a sh logging I simply get the below. I was expecting or I have seen on other PIX/ASA's system messages.

Any ideas on what command I need to run in order to enable these messages?

mipsasa01# sh logging

Syslog logging: enabled

Facility: 20

Timestamp logging: disabled

Standby logging: disabled

Deny Conn when Queue Full: disabled

Console logging: disabled

Monitor logging: disabled

Buffer logging: disabled

Trap logging: disabled

History logging: disabled

Device ID: disabled

Mail logging: disabled

ASDM logging: level informational, 7108 messages logged

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cisco ASA5505 Logging

The "show log" displays what is known as the buffer log. Your buffer logging is disabled. Use the config cmd "logging buffered " to enable it. You can adjust the size of the buffer with "logging buffer-size ". I think the buffer space is allocated in memory so don't go overboard.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/command/reference/l2.html#wp1729451

2 REPLIES

The "show log" displays what is known as the buffer log. Your buffer logging is disabled. Use the config cmd "logging buffered " to enable it. You can adjust the size of the buffer with "logging buffer-size ". I think the buffer space is allocated in memory so don't go overboard.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/command/reference/l2.html#wp1729451

Great, many thanks for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content