I am having this problem with Windows XP users who have Outlook 2000 in Exchange mode. Most users (including me) can connect fine over dial-up or broadband with no problems. A few of my users cannot communicate at all with my Exchange installation over VPN. I have tried various versions, but they all work the same. Some cannot setup their account (server = exchange, username=j_smith) because when they click Check Name, it reports back that the server cannot be found. Other can setup their account, but cannot go on-line to the server, but can be off-line and synchronize.
When I check the Details of the VPN client, I notice that as i open up the Outlook client, there are several packets being bypassed. Then the application gives the option of working off-line. From off-line mode, I can then synchronize with the server.
I have played with the MTU settings to no effect. Tried re-installing TCPIP to re-bind to the adaptor (suggested by MS).
I can see that the client isn't passing some packets through the tunnel during the initial connection, even though I can ping the address and telnet to it.
Has anybody seen this problem? Why is the client rejecting these packets thinking they are not destined for the protected network?
If this issue is consistent only to Windows XP (all other work fine), then you might want to try with the Split-tunneling disabled and see if that works, that way you would know if its actually sending some Outlook packets out on the Internet. If thats the case then contact Cisco & Micrsoft support to open a bug on Windows XP & Client to troubleshoot this further.
I managed to re-create the problem by forgetting to deactivate the Auto Update in XP, so it installed 10 or so hot fixes on my laptop. Then the problem happened to me. But un-installing the hot fixes didn't fix the problem. Only a system restore to the day prior to the update fixed it. I will try removing the tunneling feature, but I would like to know what exactly causes this to happen. In my case it was the hot fixes, but is it a resistry key or a dll or what?
I have seen this Bug ID before, but unfortunatly it doesn't match my symptoms. I did manage a work-around for this issue by disabling split-tunneling all-together. I also initiated a call with MS, but they don't seem to be very interested in finding a solution to this.
I will continue to prod MS into finding a solution.
We were seeing the same thing with the 3.5 ver of the client. Actually it worked ok for while and then we started seeing the same errors you described. We went to ver 3.6.3b and that has so far fixed the problem for the 30 or so clients whow were having problems.
DocumentationCode download linksGoalRequirementLimitationsSupported ISR
and UCS-E ModelSupported ISRG2 and UCS-E Blades:Supported ISR4K and
UCS-E Blades:Step by Step ConfigurationConfigure one of the connectivity
options to access the Cisco IMC from the n...
Firepower Threat Defense (NGFWv) on UCS E-series - Transparent Mode in
HA DocumentationCode download linksGoalRequirementLimitationsSupported
ISR and UCS-E ModelSupported ISRG2 and UCS-E Blades:Supported ISR4K and
UCS-E Blades:Step by Step ConfigurationCo...
Question I am currently unable to specify "crypto keyring" command when
configuring VPN connection on my cisco 2901 router. The following
licenses have been activated on my router :