Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSA as a personal firewall

abdave
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can we use Cisco CSA just as a personal firewall. I have been trying to create simple allow-deny rules but have not been succesful.

How can I create rules for just blocking an IP Range for RDP and allow all other IPS for all Ports?

Thanks in adv.

4 Replies 4

srue
Level 7
Level 7

seems like overkill for CSA as it can do so much more. Why not just use windows firewall?

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

You need to modify the Windows XP Remote Control Module to allow RDP from only those addresses you want.

You also need to create an exception to your Personal Firewall module to exclude the addresses of your IPS.

Tom

where I need to modify Module? on CSA?Is there any option like that?

It depends on the version.

In 5.2 it's the the rule module "Windows XP Remote Control Module".

In 6.X I didn't see a comparable rule module but it wouldn't be difficult to create a rule using the User State set:

"Remote Interactive Logon [V6.0.1 r106] MS defined - All users who log on to the computer using a Remote Desktop connection."

and " RDP [V6.0.1 r106] Remote Desktop Protocol (Microsoft) Network Service " variable.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: