cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DialOut - Does anyone use it?

blamb
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to enable dialout on two accessservers. One is a 3620 ISDN Pri, the other is a 2620 with 16 analog modems. I'm having trouble getting the dialout software to work with the accessserver.

5 Replies 5

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

The focus of this board is AAA (Authentication, Authorization & Accounting) however, there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you.

Since the dialout utility is no longer offered by Cisco, you might need to seek an alternative vendor for product support if you run into a software bug. (Official announcement is at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/as/1188_pb.htm)

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, and feel it may be a software configuration issue, you can open a TAC case online at www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen with your support contract.

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

danny.wang
Level 1
Level 1

First of all, please check your 3620 and 2620 router's IOS version to make sure it supports the COM Port Control protocol (RFC 2217).

The dialOut workaround for Cisco Access Servers IOS 12.1 and earlier, but a bug in the Cisco IOS implementation of COM Port Control RFC2217 prevented modem status lines from being correctly reported to DialOut/EZ. Tactical Software has implemented a temporary workaround for this problem to allow DialOut/EZ to operate with Cisco IOS until the IOS bug is corrected.

Second, to use the DialOut/EZ server check utility and turn on the debug trace window to see if there is any error.

Third, to disable the authentication from router for Dialout users.

I used a 3640 router with 12.1(1)T, The DialOut/EZ works just fine after i disable the authentication

for DialOut.

millerv
Level 1
Level 1

I have a sample config for a 36xx, email me at

vince.miller@mzi.com & I'll forward

f.gonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup the same : however; I am trying to get a copy of the Cisco Dialout utility and they no longer have it on their web.

Ragavan
Level 1
Level 1

For your 2620 AS I think I can help you.I am using the Cisco Dial-out utilitiy with RS2511RJ access server without any problem.

Step1: [Configure on the access server thru'telnet or console port]Reverse telnet your modems 3,4 & 5(Suppose if you want to dial out modems connected to line 3,4 &5).

Step2:Install your dial out utility on a client computer & configure the followings.[if you created a com8(assume) on your client PC,

in the configure com port button--->

on Com port Name: com8

Server ID :16.170.33.7(your access ethernet port address)

Port ID : 2003 (I assumed you configured reverse telnet on line 3,4 & 5 so that instead of 2003 you may put 2004 or 2005 as well.

I hope this may help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: