Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IOS Firewall/CBAC

My platform is a Cisco 2610. The IOS image is "c2600-i-mz.122-2.T.bin. Need to configure CBAC. The Feature Navigator Tool lists both the IOS Firewall Feature Set and CBAC as supported by my platform running the above ios version. However, when I issue the command "show ip inspect all" to verify the my platform's CBAC capability, it results in the follwing output:"% Invalid input detected at '^' marker", which simply signifies no CBAC support!

What am I missing out?

Thanks.

Joe.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco IOS Firewall/CBAC

CBAC is included as part of the firewall feature set, which is NOT in a c2600-j... image. You need to see an "o" in the second section of the name, like c2600-jo3s... or similar.

If the Feature Navigator is saying your version supports this feature, then it's wrong.

If you go to the IOS download page, get a version that includes FW/IDS in the feature set, then you'll definately have CBAC support.

Thanks gfullage for the reply. I am unsuccessfully trying a simple search (on Cisco main page) to get to the IOS 12.2(2)T download page without getting the right link! Any hint?

Furthermore, is the download/IOS Firewall Feature set free? If not how to get if not through the reseller?

Thanks.

Joe P.

Cisco Employee

The URL is here:

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-ios.shtml

Your CCO Login permissions (based on your current contract) will depend on what you can get from here. The firewall feature set is not free, but as I said, your CCO login should let you get it if you have the right permissions. If not, then you can buy it direct from Cisco or go thru your normal reseller. Just go to the Ordering page on www.cisco.com for more details.

Views
Helpful
Replies