Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NAC Features?

Hi There

I noticed that there are a couple of features in my production Cisco NAC Manager v4.7.2? Can someone explain to me briefly what can I do with these features;

1. What can a Network Scanner under Device Management > Clean Access, in CAM do? Will this feature stress my network further?

2. I noticed that to add rules in Traffic Control under User Management > User Roles in CAM, is easy, assuming I have many roles, but to delete them, I have to do this one by one. Is this statement true or false?

Regards,

Ram

+6-0122918870

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jemcguin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ram,

The scanner will add overhead to the network. The more plugins you add, the more overhead there is.

Nessus scanning is really not possible in a University setting. Scanning requires administrative access to the machines and the client firewall allowing traffic from the clean access server. This is much more plausible in a managed desktop scenario.

You are correct about deletion of the rules, there is no supported way no way to do a bulk deletion at this time.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Jeremy

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jemcguin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ram,

The scanner will add overhead to the network. The more plugins you add, the more overhead there is.

Nessus scanning is really not possible in a University setting. Scanning requires administrative access to the machines and the client firewall allowing traffic from the clean access server. This is much more plausible in a managed desktop scenario.

You are correct about deletion of the rules, there is no supported way no way to do a bulk deletion at this time.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Jeremy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card