cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PIX 501 configuration with DHCP outside

sean.west
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , I am seeking PIX 501 specific info on Port forwarding with the 501 where the outside address is configured via DHCP. I can't work out from available Cisco documentation how to allow outside access inside to specific ports. It all discusses static configured addresses on multi-interface PIX versions.

Can anyone point me in the direction where I might find PIX 501 specific docs that cover this topic. I can write static's and access-lists / groups fine but as soon as I try to config 2 boxes (say smtp server and www server) it all falls apart...

URLS or sample configs greatly appreciated.

Sorry if the post is a little vague

1 Reply 1

gradosavljevic
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand you correct the commands below would give you what you need. I presume you need this because your 501 is connected to a DSL which does not have a static IP

ip address outside dhcp setroute

---------------------------------------------

This command make the outside interface look for a DHCP server from whom it can get an IP address, but also it states (setroute) that the same interface should obtain the default gateway from the same DHCP server. So in this case you should *not* use the ROUTE statemnet to configure the default gateway.

Hi Hope this helps

Best regards

Goran

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card