Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Cisco Pix VPN configuration

I have Cisco 515. I need to configure VPN with our clients and customers. By default my Pix is VPN Disabled. I got the new authentication key from Cisco for DES. Now to make it enable i and given the new authentication key i need to boot in romom mode and give the authentication key. The Version of ios is 5.1(2). I need to upgrade to 6.0 and i have already downloaded the ios. My doubt is if i need to give the new authentication key and to upgrade should i reconfigure the Pix once again from the scratch. Can some one guide me how to proceed to complete this. Another question is if i need only some systems to have vpn access can i create a group or should i create access-list for every idividual systems.

Thanks in Advance

Community Member

Re: Cisco Pix VPN configuration

You don't need to reconfigure the PIX because you're only upgrading the IOS and not the configuration file. However, you do need to back-up the config file to a tftp server. During the upgrade process you will be prompted for the config file, then you point the PIX to the IP address of the tftp server and specify the backed-up config file.

Check out this link for detailed info -

CreatePlease to create content