Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco SDM 2.5 "Security Audit" function stopped working

Running SDM ver. 2.5 with latest JAVA and connecting to a Cisco 831 running IOS 12.4x.

Used to work 100% in the past for me, but now there seems to be some odd problems showing up. The most prominent is when trying to run the "security audit" function, I click the box, the button grays-out, and the security audit wizard never starts.

Almost seems like there is a problem with the way JAVA is trying to open the wizard, but just can't do it for some reason. I've even un-installed SDM 2.5 and reinstalled it, and checked for the latest JAVA updates from java.com (I've got the latest) but still it does the same thing. Is it possible a recent JAVA update could have messed with the way SDM tries to use JAVA?

Any thoughts appreciated, and thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: Cisco SDM 2.5 "Security Audit" function stopped working

The latest Java does NOT work with SDM.

Please use the java on the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/cisco_router_and_security_device_manager/software/release/notes/SDMr25.html

Cisco SDM requires Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The following versions are supported:

•JRE 1.5_09

•JRE1.4.2_08

•JRE 1.5.0_06

•JRE 1.5.0_07

•JRE 1.6.0_02

•JRE 1.6.0_03

Re: Cisco SDM 2.5 "Security Audit" function stopped working

Nice! Went into Settings --> Control Panel --> Java, selected the Java tab, clicked 'view...', and enabled only 1.6.0_03 and life is wonderful again. Thanks friend.

Views
Helpful
Replies