Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Secure ACS design

Hi All

I need to roll out a RAS solution but there are some issues that I am unsure off. Firstly, I have purchased a Cisco Secure acs 3.0 which has been installed on an NT server, how reliable is the tacacs+ service, I am taking username and passwords out of the NT database, would it be a good idea to run the radius service on the same server. Basically before I hand this over to the users, I need it to be reliable. Is it a good idea to have another acs available as backup or is this over kill.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Regards

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco Secure ACS design

The TACACS service is pretty reliable, although I would make sure you're running 3.0(2) build 5, which is the latest in the 3.0 release train and did have some reliability improvements over the 3.0(1) build 32 and 40 releases. If you purchased 3.0 you should be able to request a copy of 3.0(2) build 5.

If you install ACS, then both TACACS and Radius will be running, that's how it works, so don't worry about having one and not the other (if that's what your question was asking, it's a little unclear).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content