Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Agent in VMWare environment

rottenberg
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We are planning to migrate Winows 2003 servers to VMWare 4.x. These Windows 2003 servers are secured by the Cisco Security Agent 5.2 and I am not sure whether it is possible to run CSA agent and CSA Management Console in VMWare environment. In the installation manual (Installing Management Center for Cisco Security Agent 5.2) I did not find any statement about virtualization support. I know that version 6.0.2 of CSA can be run in VMWare ESXi 3.5, but we can not upgrade to version 6.0.2 and also the ESXi 3.5 is unacceptable for us.

I would very much appreciate it, if somebody can send me any information about whether it is possible to run CSA agent and CSA MC version 5.2 in virtual environment and whether Cisco officially support that kind of installation.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Zdenek Rottenberg

1 Reply 1

mwinnett
Level 3
Level 3

Zdenek

Official support will be very much in terms of what is written in the CCO documentation and this will not change. However, most of the internal work with CSA is done on vmware. I trawled the case backlog looking for evidence of someone having used CSA and VMware 4, but did not find anything. I'm guessing that it should work, but you would have to try it for yourself. I know we have customers running CSA on various virtualisation platforms. However, for VMware 4 and any version of CSA it is not supported and due to the EOL notification for the product, it will not be supported.

Matthew