cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Agent

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do a couple of things. I am trying to configure Cisco Security Agent so that it will omit blocks on particular items such as Symantec and Microsoft SMS. Is there a way that I can do this? I had a agent on my machine, and I tried to overwrite it, but it locked me up solid. I had to have Cisco show me how to manually uninstall the client. It is not too forgiving.

Thanks

Dwane

2 Replies 2

bcarroll
Level 1
Level 1

First off, if you have profiler I would use profiler to create a policy. Have profiler watch the Symantec and Microsoft SMS applications. This means you're going to have to make application classes for these.

If you dont have profiler, you are could possibly do two things. Allow it to block, find the rule in the event log that caused the block, and maybe use the wizard to create an exception for Symantec and Microsoft SMS. Otherwise you will need to determine what is being blocked, and write your own allow rules. The allow rules will work unless the rules that are blocking Symantec and Microsoft SMS are High Priority Deny rules.

Does this help?

BC

mcvosi
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it is possible to create exclusions for those applications.

Go here for the manual uninstall instructions: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/prod_tech_notes_list.html