Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VPN client 3.1 and DSL

I have a user using the above client and she cannot browse the internet when she is connected to our network. I know that using the Microsoft VPN client, you can de-select Use default gateway on remote network to avoid having two routes for the internet, but I can't see where to define this in Cisco VPN client.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Cisco VPN client 3.1 and DSL

She won't be ablt to browse the Internet unless you enable split-tunneling on the VPN termination device.

I know that if you are using the VPN Concentrator and do not allow split tunnel she should still be able to get out to the Internet using the default gateway on the LAN.

Cisco Employee

She could browse the internet in two ways.

One is to enable the split tunnelling functionality on the group on the concentrator she is connecting with. All traffic defined on the network list would be tunnelled and those not defined would be going in clear to the net.

Second is that if you want to tunnell everything as it is your Corporate Security Policy to do so. Make sure you have the IP address pool assigned to the client routable in your inside network, up to the firewall that does NAT or filtering as it goes out to the internet. So the client could go out to the internet via your corporate firewall.

Views
Helpful
Replies